The one-question evaluation of how well you are doing

“How much time do you spend on the floor?”

If you are not on the floor, you are dialing something in. Think of all the bad parenting activities you can: texting, emailing, calling, Ipading, watching Iron Man 3, playing video games. Most of them occur off the floor, so to speak. Sure, you have to cook and clean once in a while. Let’s say that is 20 % of your non nap time. The other 80% should be interacting with your child. And that, my friend, can be gauged simply by asking how much time you spend on the floor. Too literal for you? Use it as a euphemism for staying engaged. Get on the floor.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s